Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Who has HDTV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member otto_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Who has HDTV?

    If you do have HDTV,who is your provider?
    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.hostboard.com/LDPforum/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1160343336otto_man">


    Do you HDTV yet?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />No
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Getting it soon
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />What is HDTV?
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>


  2. #2
    Inactive Member otto_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who has HDTV?

    I have Dish Network, Adelphia/Comcast finaly has ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS and PBS in HD, ordered that too (mainly to get Sunday football in HD) Just curious to know who has it and who your TV provider is,
    Thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who has HDTV?

    I've had a HD TV for a couple years, but never got to use it for HD viewing. One of my friends bought the same TV around the same time and subscribed to a HD satellite service that went under. It was called Voom, he subscribed to all the HD channels ESPN HD, HBO, Showtime,Starz,TMC, TNT etc. He would have me over sometimes to watch a game on ESPN or a movie and it's hard to describe how great the pics were. They went under over a year ago and he hasn't went with Dish or Direct cause only 5-6 HD channels when he had 30 at one point. I live in Norton and curious if Adelphia/Comcast is now offering HD as I called a month ago and Comcast directed me to an 800# for Adelphia who in turn went through the form letter of how "they were in transition to Comcast" and said 6 months or longer, where are you located, what telephone number did you call to get HD, cost, number of channels etc.? Thanks.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member otto_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who has HDTV?

    I called comcast, they transfered me, and the lasy said it was available, I am in Wise, its $9.00 for the HD/DVR box (the regular digital box that I had with no DVR and no HD is 4.50) There is no additional fee for the networks in HD, I only subscribed to the networks in HD, because I have HBO and SHO HD on Dish, Adelphia/Comcast doesnt offer anything else in HD at this time, however you can now get 30 HD channels on Dish, they have the original 15 voom channels plus alot more. With Adelphia/Comcast you get the 5 major networks, plus HBO and SHotime if you subscribe to those premium services. They say they are adding more later, Dish has more HD than anyone right now, as you can only get 6 or 7 with cable and Direct TV.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who has HDTV?

    what's the number you called? I will try and call them when you can provide it and see what they say now.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member otto_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2005
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who has HDTV?

    1-800-COMCAST, they will ask for your address and zip code, then transfer you, thats what happened to me, the install is scheduled for Tuesday, I would not have gotten it, but dish nor direct has locals in HDTV, and I want to see sunday football in HD, when dish offers networks in HD in this area, I will drop comcast/adelphia like a bad habbit, but for now I am stuck with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •